Prime minister’s controversial chief adviser leaves Downing Street after infighting at heart of government
- Full story: Johnson boots out top adviser Cummings
- End of macho era: what to expect now Cummings has gone
- Going of Cummings seems not to be the triumph he expected
- Downing Street denies internal crisis has harmed Brexit talks
- What has Dominic Cummings actually achieved in No 10?
After an exciting evening we are now closing the blog, thank you for following developments with us.
Brexit on Amazon
BBC’s Newsnight’s take on the reported acrimony between Boris Johnson and his advisers.
The PM’s top adviser Dominic Cummings has left Downing Street after internal battles over his role.#Newsnight Political Editor @nicholaswatt reports on the latest after having been told relations between the PM and his departing aides “went off a cliff edge” this afternoon pic.twitter.com/YcXG0dk4QC