Government misses 100k testing target for fifth day in a row as death toll reaches 30,615
- Unions warn against ‘premature’ reopening of schools
- Revealed: secret report warned of care home crisis
- Black people more likely to die from Covid-19, ONS finds
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
We are closing our UK live blog for the day. Please follow our global live blog for all developments.
Brexit on Amazon
The prime minister, who is expected to announce the next phase of easing some lockdown measures on Sunday, stood outside Number Ten to take part in the applause.
Thank you to all of our carers for your fantastic work, day in, day out. You are pillars of society in the fight against coronavirus. pic.twitter.com/VWi5PQDuRl