Families of NHS staff who die from coronavirus to get £60,000; Johnson says lockdown cannot yet end as second peak would be disaster
- Global coronavirus updates – live
- Analysis: what did Boris Johnson’s speech mean?
- UK to name scientists on coronavirus advisory group Sage
- NHS warns of rise in children with new illness that may be linked to coronavirus
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Here’s a summary of some of the key events in another day of fast-moving developments in the UK as the coronavirus pandemic continues:
Brexit on Amazon
Here’s a video snippet of the health secretary Matt Hancock’s earlier announcement that the families of NHS and social care staff who die during their coronavirus work will get payments worth £60,000.