Rolling coverage of economics, business and markets as investors search for safe havens amid economic turmoil
- UK’s FTSE closes at lowest since 2016
- US and UK 10-year bond yields hit all-time low; rally gains pace
- Oil prices hit lowest in 2.5 years amid production cut doubts
- Red hot US jobs data fail to spur fearful markets
- Norwegian under pressure as airlines struggle
One last thing: despite a late mini-recovery, Wall Street has closed in the red.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended down about 253 points or 1%, while the S&P 500 lost about 52 points, or 1.7%, to close near 2,972.
Brexit on Amazon
Time for a recap, after another turbulent week.
Fears of a global recession triggered by Covid-19 have sent stock markets slumping again today.