Suspending parliament to allow no-deal Brexit unconstitutional, says ex-PM
Sir John Major has launched a blistering assault on Tory leadership candidates who have suggested parliament could be prorogued to push through Brexit, saying they were indulging in “gold-plated hypocrisy” and lacked leadership qualities.
He also ridiculed the suggestion, put forward by many Tory candidates, that it was possible to leave the EU on 31 October, saying they were hoping for a miracle that was not going to happen.Continue reading...
- Hoarding tinned food, toilet paper and [...]
- Secret plan to block any delay in leaving EU [...]
- UK prime minister says two countries risk [...]
- Leaked email reportedly shows prime minister asked for guidance on legality of move, known as proroguing
More Brexit-influenced austerity will add to public debt, and hurt British exporters. It's time the government understood thatGovernment promises that austerity would expand economic activity have just proved false. Britain has lived through the most dismal decade on [...]
- Prime minister to confront US president over restrictions to trade for UK pork pies, railway carriages and cauliflowers