Suspending parliament to allow no-deal Brexit unconstitutional, says ex-PM
Sir John Major has launched a blistering assault on Tory leadership candidates who have suggested parliament could be prorogued to push through Brexit, saying they were indulging in “gold-plated hypocrisy” and lacked leadership qualities.
He also ridiculed the suggestion, put forward by many Tory candidates, that it was possible to leave the EU on 31 October, saying they were hoping for a miracle that was not going to happen.Continue reading...
- As politicians we are elected to serve the [...]
- The Tory veteran talks of his dismay at the [...]
- According to a major new poll from [...]
- Irish premier says it is 'alarming' that Tory leadership contenders want to remove safeguard against hard border
- Exclusive: Grassroots consultation will be launched next month – with 'overwhelming response in favour of a second referendum' expected
- Wide-ranging interview with Oasis star saw him rail against modern British politics, the divide caused by Brexit, and the current state of Jeremy [...]