NAO says no evidence of strategic thinking about funding needed for food safety
The UK’s food safety body and local authorities are struggling to prepare for Brexit as they battle with other challenges such as climate change, population growth, crop disease and fraud, according to Whitehall’s spending watchdog.
The National Audit Office (NAO) said the Food Standards Agency must bring in new laws on imported products after leaving the EU. This may not be possible in the near term owing to delays in the parliamentary programme, it said.Continue reading...
- As politicians we are elected to serve the [...]
- The Tory veteran talks of his dismay at the [...]
- According to a major new poll from [...]
- Irish premier says it is 'alarming' that Tory leadership contenders want to remove safeguard against hard border
- Exclusive: Grassroots consultation will be launched next month – with 'overwhelming response in favour of a second referendum' expected
- Wide-ranging interview with Oasis star saw him rail against modern British politics, the divide caused by Brexit, and the current state of Jeremy [...]