Prime minister offers option of fresh vote if MPs pass withdrawal bill, which will be published ‘in next few days’
- May offers MPs vote on second referendum in ‘new’ Brexit deal
- Theresa May’s new Brexit deal: point-by-point analysis
- May’s speech: snap summary and analysis
- EU to investigate Nigel Farage over expenses funded by Arron Banks
We’re closing this live blog down now. Thanks for reading and commenting. Here’s a summary of the latest events:
The Liberal Democrats have been holding a rally tonight. Addressing the audience, the party’s leader, Vince Cable, cited British Steel and Jaguar Land Rover – businesses he said were struggling at least in part because of Brexit – as examples of factors he believed had motivated people to turn towards his party and its pro-remain position.
Cable added that the Brexit process was also harming the health service and attacked those who have advocated falling back on World Trade Organization rules, saying he was unsure exactly how many of them understand what that meant.Continue reading...
- As politicians we are elected to serve the [...]
- The Tory veteran talks of his dismay at the [...]
- According to a major new poll from [...]
- Irish premier says it is 'alarming' that Tory leadership contenders want to remove safeguard against hard border
- Exclusive: Grassroots consultation will be launched next month – with 'overwhelming response in favour of a second referendum' expected
- Wide-ranging interview with Oasis star saw him rail against modern British politics, the divide caused by Brexit, and the current state of Jeremy [...]