Prime minister offers option of fresh vote if MPs pass withdrawal bill, which will be published ‘in next few days’
- May offers MPs vote on second referendum in ‘new’ Brexit deal
- Theresa May’s new Brexit deal: point-by-point analysis
- May’s speech: snap summary and analysis
- EU to investigate Nigel Farage over expenses funded by Arron Banks
We’re closing this live blog down now. Thanks for reading and commenting. Here’s a summary of the latest events:
The Liberal Democrats have been holding a rally tonight. Addressing the audience, the party’s leader, Vince Cable, cited British Steel and Jaguar Land Rover – businesses he said were struggling at least in part because of Brexit – as examples of factors he believed had motivated people to turn towards his party and its pro-remain position.
Cable added that the Brexit process was also harming the health service and attacked those who have advocated falling back on World Trade Organization rules, saying he was unsure exactly how many of them understand what that meant.Continue reading...
- Hoarding tinned food, toilet paper and [...]
- Secret plan to block any delay in leaving EU [...]
- UK prime minister says two countries risk [...]
- Leaked email reportedly shows prime minister asked for guidance on legality of move, known as proroguing
More Brexit-influenced austerity will add to public debt, and hurt British exporters. It's time the government understood thatGovernment promises that austerity would expand economic activity have just proved false. Britain has lived through the most dismal decade on [...]
- Prime minister to confront US president over restrictions to trade for UK pork pies, railway carriages and cauliflowers