In March 2019, the Spanish government adopted a set of contingency measures in case the UK would leave the EU without reaching an agreement.
In view of the good relationship between the two countries, the Spanish government aims at maintaining the status quo of their mutual commercial relationships and at preserving the rights of UK and Spanish citizens and companies operating cross-border.
Spain represents a core market for major UK investors that see opportunities in the Spanish renewable markets, real estate investments and a wide range of industries and professional services sectors.
- Hoarding tinned food, toilet paper and [...]
- Secret plan to block any delay in leaving EU [...]
- UK prime minister says two countries risk [...]
- Leaked email reportedly shows prime minister asked for guidance on legality of move, known as proroguing
More Brexit-influenced austerity will add to public debt, and hurt British exporters. It's time the government understood thatGovernment promises that austerity would expand economic activity have just proved false. Britain has lived through the most dismal decade on [...]
- Prime minister to confront US president over restrictions to trade for UK pork pies, railway carriages and cauliflowers