Proposals to replace EU rules ‘downgrade’ green principles, says cross-party committee
Proposals to replace the EU’s strong environmental protections after Brexit “fall woefully short”, according to a highly critical report from a cross-party committee of MPs.
The environment secretary, Michael Gove, said in December that the UK’s environmental standards would be enhanced after Brexit. But the MPs’ report said the proposals “severely downgrade” the environmental principles that underpin current EU rules.Continue reading...
- Hoarding tinned food, toilet paper and [...]
- Secret plan to block any delay in leaving EU [...]
- UK prime minister says two countries risk [...]
- Leaked email reportedly shows prime minister asked for guidance on legality of move, known as proroguing
More Brexit-influenced austerity will add to public debt, and hurt British exporters. It's time the government understood thatGovernment promises that austerity would expand economic activity have just proved false. Britain has lived through the most dismal decade on [...]
- Prime minister to confront US president over restrictions to trade for UK pork pies, railway carriages and cauliflowers