International trade secretary, Liam Fox, explains why limited progress has been made
Britain has received demands to roll back its human rights standards in exchange for progress on post-Brexit trade deals, including from some countries that ministers are pushing to secure agreements with.
In an admission that some countries have sought to extract a high price for their continuing to trade with Britain after leaving the EU, Liam Fox, the international trade secretary, said some nations had made the requests as part of talks.Continue reading...
- More attention is needed to be given the [...]
- Environment secretary’s pledge follows fears [...]
- Ireland's deputy prime minister, Simon [...]
European regulator recognises London clearing houses, giving thousands of City workers a Brexit reprieveParis, Frankfurt and other European financial hubs hope to prise lucrative euro-clearing business away from the UK
- John McDonnell and Emily Thornberry attend heated PLP gathering
- Car manufacturer becomes latest to cut jobs or shift production elsewhere amid Brexit uncertainty