Labour leader struggling to balance conflicting forces in his party over Brexit
Jeremy Corbyn faces up to 10 resignations from the Labour frontbench if he fails to throw his party’s weight behind a fresh attempt to force Theresa May to submit her Brexit deal to a referendum in a fortnight’s time, frustrated MPs are warning.
With tension mounting among anti-Brexit Labour MPs and grassroots members, several junior shadow ministers have told the Guardian they are prepared to resign their posts if Corbyn doesn’t whip his MPs to vote for a pro-referendum amendment at the end of the month.Continue reading...
- More attention is needed to be given the [...]
- Environment secretary’s pledge follows fears [...]
- Ireland's deputy prime minister, Simon [...]
European regulator recognises London clearing houses, giving thousands of City workers a Brexit reprieveParis, Frankfurt and other European financial hubs hope to prise lucrative euro-clearing business away from the UK
- John McDonnell and Emily Thornberry attend heated PLP gathering
- Car manufacturer becomes latest to cut jobs or shift production elsewhere amid Brexit uncertainty