Labour says Gavin Williamson’s rhetoric is undermined by defence cuts
Brexit represents an opportunity for Britain to boost its global military standing in response to the threats posed by Russia and China, the defence secretary will say in a notably combative address at a defence thinktank.
Gavin Williamson intends to argue in a speech at the Royal United Services Institute on Monday that a post-Brexit UK should redefine its role as a global power prepared to intervene against countries that “flout international law”, backed up by new military technologies and capabilities.Continue reading...
- More attention is needed to be given the [...]
- Environment secretary’s pledge follows fears [...]
- Ireland's deputy prime minister, Simon [...]
European regulator recognises London clearing houses, giving thousands of City workers a Brexit reprieveParis, Frankfurt and other European financial hubs hope to prise lucrative euro-clearing business away from the UK
- John McDonnell and Emily Thornberry attend heated PLP gathering
- Car manufacturer becomes latest to cut jobs or shift production elsewhere amid Brexit uncertainty