Exclusive: Len McCluskey tells MPs ‘people’s vote’ could be seen as betrayal, sources say
The Unite general secretary, Len McCluskey, has privately told Labour MPs the party should have severe reservations about backing a fresh Brexit referendum, saying voters could see it as a betrayal.
The deep scepticism from one of Jeremy Corbyn’s closest and most powerful supporters is likely to unnerve MPs and campaigners hoping the party is warming to the idea of a fresh Brexit vote.Continue reading...
- The List is a grassroots organisation of [...]
- Company says move is a precaution in case WTO [...]
- Discussions could lead to new party [...]
- US president praises 'very good trading relationship' after agreement to continue terms of EU deal
- Forget the end result. Here's how the uncertainty around Brexit has already affected your wallet
- Live updates from Westminster