Exclusive: Len McCluskey tells MPs ‘people’s vote’ could be seen as betrayal, sources say
The Unite general secretary, Len McCluskey, has privately told Labour MPs the party should have severe reservations about backing a fresh Brexit referendum, saying voters could see it as a betrayal.
The deep scepticism from one of Jeremy Corbyn’s closest and most powerful supporters is likely to unnerve MPs and campaigners hoping the party is warming to the idea of a fresh Brexit vote.Continue reading...
- As politicians we are elected to serve the [...]
- The Tory veteran talks of his dismay at the [...]
- According to a major new poll from [...]
- Irish premier says it is 'alarming' that Tory leadership contenders want to remove safeguard against hard border
- Exclusive: Grassroots consultation will be launched next month – with 'overwhelming response in favour of a second referendum' expected
- Wide-ranging interview with Oasis star saw him rail against modern British politics, the divide caused by Brexit, and the current state of Jeremy [...]