John Allan feels the proposal avoids the ‘wrecking ball’ of no deal
The president of Britain’s most powerful employers’ body, the CBI, is to endorse Theresa May’s draft European Union withdrawal agreement, arguing that while not perfect it opens “a route to a long-term trade arrangement”.
Joining a growing chorus of business leaders warning that a cliff-edge Brexit could be calamitous for the UK economy, John Allan will use a speech on Monday at the CBI’s annual conference in London to warn that Brexit turmoil is “damaging our country now”.Continue reading...
- Hoarding tinned food, toilet paper and [...]
- Secret plan to block any delay in leaving EU [...]
- UK prime minister says two countries risk [...]
- Leaked email reportedly shows prime minister asked for guidance on legality of move, known as proroguing
More Brexit-influenced austerity will add to public debt, and hurt British exporters. It's time the government understood thatGovernment promises that austerity would expand economic activity have just proved false. Britain has lived through the most dismal decade on [...]
- Prime minister to confront US president over restrictions to trade for UK pork pies, railway carriages and cauliflowers