John Allan feels the proposal avoids the ‘wrecking ball’ of no deal
The president of Britain’s most powerful employers’ body, the CBI, is to endorse Theresa May’s draft European Union withdrawal agreement, arguing that while not perfect it opens “a route to a long-term trade arrangement”.
Joining a growing chorus of business leaders warning that a cliff-edge Brexit could be calamitous for the UK economy, John Allan will use a speech on Monday at the CBI’s annual conference in London to warn that Brexit turmoil is “damaging our country now”.Continue reading...
- As politicians we are elected to serve the [...]
- The Tory veteran talks of his dismay at the [...]
- According to a major new poll from [...]
- Irish premier says it is 'alarming' that Tory leadership contenders want to remove safeguard against hard border
- Exclusive: Grassroots consultation will be launched next month – with 'overwhelming response in favour of a second referendum' expected
- Wide-ranging interview with Oasis star saw him rail against modern British politics, the divide caused by Brexit, and the current state of Jeremy [...]