Former Brexit minister Steve Baker says ‘in the end, it’s not really about the backstop’
Eurosceptic Conservative MPs will still vote down the government’s Brexit deal even if Theresa May negotiates an exit clause from the Irish backstop, the former minister Steve Baker has insisted.
May’s cabinet has been locked in a bitter internal wrangle about whether, and how, the government could extricate itself from the backstop, with some ministers concerned her plans could leave the UK in a permanent limbo.Continue reading...
- The List is a grassroots organisation of [...]
- Company says move is a precaution in case WTO [...]
- Discussions could lead to new party [...]
- US president praises 'very good trading relationship' after agreement to continue terms of EU deal
- Forget the end result. Here's how the uncertainty around Brexit has already affected your wallet
- Live updates from Westminster