Tussle breaks out over whether to give full legal advice on customs backstop to senior ministers
A crucial cabinet meeting to agree the UK’s Brexit negotiating position has been pushed back from Thursday to the weekend or early next week amid a row over whether to provide the full legal advice on the backstop to senior ministers.
Some ministers had believed the cabinet could have met late on Thursday afternoon to sign off Theresa May’s Brexit plan but No 10 indicated that the crunch meeting would not now take place on Thursday or Friday.Continue reading...
- The List is a grassroots organisation of [...]
- Company says move is a precaution in case WTO [...]
- Discussions could lead to new party [...]
- US president praises 'very good trading relationship' after agreement to continue terms of EU deal
- Forget the end result. Here's how the uncertainty around Brexit has already affected your wallet
- Live updates from Westminster