Armistice day speech will say countries ‘became yoked together’ in first world war
Jeremy Hunt will attempt to overcome the awkward coincidence of Brexit and the centenary of the Armistice marking the Anglo-French victory in the first world war by claiming relations between the two countries are bigger than Brexit.
Speaking in French on a visit to Paris on Thursday, the British foreign secretary will say the UK and France will remain “tied by bonds of friendship and commerce for decades to come”.Continue reading...
- The List is a grassroots organisation of [...]
- Company says move is a precaution in case WTO [...]
- Discussions could lead to new party [...]
- US president praises 'very good trading relationship' after agreement to continue terms of EU deal
- Forget the end result. Here's how the uncertainty around Brexit has already affected your wallet
- Live updates from Westminster