Rather than walking the country off a gangplank and into thin air, parliament should go back to the electorate
Enough! Let us put an end to this national humiliation. Around the world, Britain is increasingly viewed with pity or contempt. Brexit, were it to happen, would be the most consequential and gratuitous act of national self-harm in our recent history.
It is now crystal clear that there is no available deal with the rest of the European Union that can realise even a fraction of Brexit's stated objectives. The only good way forward is for parliament to put the question back to the people, and for the people to decide that Britain should stay in the EU. To achieve that, everyone who possibly can needs to turn out in London tomorrow to march for a people's vote.Continue reading... ...read more
Source:: from www.theguardian.com
- Legally British subjects until January 1983, [...]
- Remainers ask me with ever greater frequency: [...]
- Deputy leader to call on party to show [...]
- Shadow Brexit secretary to call for MPs to hold 'open and frank debate' to find 'credible solutions' to current crisis
- 'It is right that we wait until the process of leaving the EU concludes before considering the matter further'
- Disorderly exit from EU 'may temporarily prevent cross-border trade' tech giant tells small firms