In an interview with the House magazine, Johnny Mercer is scathing about PM and the Brexit process
A leading Conservative backbencher has laid bare the extent of Tory frustrations with Theresa May by openly admitting he would not vote for the party if he wasn't an MP, and had no interest in becoming a minister in a government he called “a shitshow”.
Johnny Mercer, who has represented Plymouth Moor View since 2015, said in an interview that in the current political situation there was “absolutely no chance” he would try to enter parliament, and intimated that May was an unimaginative “technocrat”.Continue reading... ...read more
Source:: from www.theguardian.com
- Legally British subjects until January 1983, [...]
- Remainers ask me with ever greater frequency: [...]
- Deputy leader to call on party to show [...]
- Shadow Brexit secretary to call for MPs to hold 'open and frank debate' to find 'credible solutions' to current crisis
- 'It is right that we wait until the process of leaving the EU concludes before considering the matter further'
- Disorderly exit from EU 'may temporarily prevent cross-border trade' tech giant tells small firms