Back in 2016, 17.4 million people voted to leave the EU. And if today's rumours about the government wanting to extend the 21-month transition period are true, we still won't have left the EU way into 2021.
It's vital we give effect to the referendum result. People voted to take back control of our borders, laws, money and trade. They wanted us to radically transform our country into a self-governing, free-trading nation and for us to build a stronger and more prosperous future outside the EU.Continue reading... ...read more
Source:: from www.theguardian.com
- Legally British subjects until January 1983, [...]
- Remainers ask me with ever greater frequency: [...]
- Deputy leader to call on party to show [...]
- Shadow Brexit secretary to call for MPs to hold 'open and frank debate' to find 'credible solutions' to current crisis
- 'It is right that we wait until the process of leaving the EU concludes before considering the matter further'
- Disorderly exit from EU 'may temporarily prevent cross-border trade' tech giant tells small firms